Join us for the 3rd annual
Pleasanton Double Racing Festival
Sunday Dec 21, 2014
"Running with a halftime"
Biggest San Francisaco Bay Area Christmas Running Event
**Santa Runner contest**
"Double Racing®, Double for short, is a two stage running challenge. Participants first run the longer stage, take a halftime break and then run the second stage. Times are combined for scoring. Participants must complete both stages to get a result.
It is running with a halftime.
Double Racing® is more than just running. The halftime break makes it unique. Runners normally don't stop, recover and then run again. Runners who have completed a Double have enjoyed this new challenge. Many have already run more than one Double Racing event. The second stage starts 1 hour and 45 minutes after the first leg.
"Runners and walkers of all abilities are making this their pre Christmas annual running event," says Double Racing creator and Runner's World and now Double Runner founder Bob Anderson.
FREE ISSUE OF DOUBLE RUNNER WITH YOUR Entry
Our sport of Double Racing is getting its own magazine. The first issue of Double Runner will be released at the Pleasanton Double Racing Festival. All participates will recieve the first issue free with your paid entry. A major feature will appear in our second issue on the Pleasaont Double. Editor Pete Magill and staff will be on hand to speak with many of YOU!Double Runner publisher and Double Running creator Bob Anderson will be running his 26th Double Racing Event.
Pleasanton Double Racing Festival Details:
When: Sunday Dec 21, 2014
Where: Pleasanton, California (45 minutes east of San Francisco, 30 minutes north of San Jose)
Start/Finish: Hart Middle School, 4433 Willow Road, Pleasanton, CA 94588
1. Pleasanton Double Road Race 15k Challenge (10K + Halftime + 5K)
2. Christmas Ujena Double 8k Run/Walk (5k + Halftime + 3k)
3. Bob Anderson's Kids' Cup Double 1.5M (1mile + half mile) For Kids 13 and under.
4. Double Road Race Team Competition (Top 3 runners score)
5. Most Fit Club - Team with the most finishers in all three races will win plaque and a special medal for each team member
6. Santa Runner Contest (Run any of the races in a Santa outfit (male or female) The runner with the best costume and most spirit will win $100 cash. The Santa runner with the best time in the Christmas Ujena Double 8k will win a $100 gift certificate.)
7. Live Music and Food - You will be entertained by two live bands and a DJ just outside the Gym. In addition to halftime treats there will be plenty of delicous food for purchase.
2014 Pleasanton Double Road Race Schedule:
Friday December 19
7:30pm Showing of our movie A LONG RUN featuring the Pleasanton Double (Trailer below)
Saturday December 20
9am Do The Double Fun Run
12pm - 7pm Packet Pick Up and Late Registration
6:30pm Double Night Before Party (Club Sport)
7:00pm Double Road Race Leaderboard Awards (Club Sport)
Sunday December 21
6:30am Same day registration for all races
8:15am Double Road Race 10K leg (15k)
8:15am Double Road Race 5k leg (8k)
10:00am Double Road Race 3k leg (8k)
10:00am Double Road Race 5K leg (15k)
10:45am Bob Anderson's Kids Cup Mile Leg (1.5M)
11:15am Bob Anderson's Kids Cup 1/2 Mile Leg (1.5M)
12:00pm Awards Ceremony
Your entry fee covers: Official race t-shirt, special tote bag, complimentary autographed copy of Double Runner, entry into the Recovery Zone, special two-sided medal for all Double finishers, special Double two-sided medals to the top five in each age group, and the opportunity to win some of the prize money for overall and age-group winners.
Run For The Kids - 100 percent of all donations will be donated to non-profit youth running programs locally and nationally to benefit youth running.